Saturday 2 June 2018

Beginning of class 11

Hello!!!

Many of you must have just started out your JEE preparations. I'll be mentioning some do's and don'ts of JEE preparation and an overview of the preparation.

So, basically, you will be starting out with Mechanics in Physics, Algebra/Trigonometry in Mathematics and Atomic Structure/Mole Concept in Chemistry. You can see a post on Mechanics here.

1. Books

Many students tend to get distracted by people as to what books to follow. I have made a comprehensive list of books to follow. You can see them here. Follow the instructions mentioned well, and you will be fine. Don't buy too many books, it's quite confusing and a waste of time. Follow one set of good books and you are done.

2. Coaching and self-studies

Many of you are confused between Coaching and self-studies. Well trust me on this one, coaching helps in many ways. It systematizes the preparation, and we get good study material. I didn't go to Kota for the simple reason that I had a good coaching in Udaipur and I wasn't confident if I would survive there. If your family can afford coaching and you have a good coaching centre nearby, I recommend joining it ASAP if not done. If you are unable to, then see the post on Books, for books to follow for self-study. I will post on how to self study too, soon, please have some patience and check this post again after a week.

3. Healthy Practices

Some healthy practices for students preparing for JEE are hard work, regularity, regular homework completion, clearing every doubt as soon as it comes to your mind, analyzing test papers after tests, maintaining a copy for short notes, maintaining good class notes, marking important questions while solving questions from books/coaching sheets, maintaining solution copy for coaching material/primary preparation source, etc. helps.

4. The process

Coming to the process, i.e. how to approach studies in these two years. For those who go to coaching, attend all classes and get all your concepts clear in the class itself. Don't hesitate to ask doubts. Then come home, relax a bit and then study your notes, write down any doubts, and get them cleared next day. Your teachers must be giving you some homework. Solve it well. By well, I mean that try to solve them for at least 5-10 minutes. Think about the equations and formulae involved, etc. at least understand the question. If you are still unable to do, move to the next question, and eventually solve the homework. Then come back to the questions you left and then do them again. If still in doubt, consult teachers the next day. Take out some time (say an hour) to revise stuff which was taught sometime back. Mark important questions as you move ahead. Notes revision is very important.

For those who don't go to any coaching, I recommend you to pick up some good books(Arihant Book series in each, for example, or DLP of a good coaching) and make it your teacher(HCV too, I mean). Or you can see some YouTube channels(not highly recommended, but can be useful)like Tyagi sir's lectures or Etoos. Make slots and a proper time management. Then solve the questions in those books as your homework. Rest is the same.

5. Time management

Many of you used to do many sorts of things like going to parties, hanging out with friends, social media, etc. Believe me, leave all this if you really want to succeed in JEE(make sure you like my FB page and follow me everywhere before logging out :p). You have to devote as much time as possible to studies to be successful. Take out some time for exercise too. Make a proper schedule and follow it. Don't waste time, or you'll regret it later on. Have a track of your time.

6. Motivation

There would be many ups and downs in your JEE preparations. Don't worry, everyone faces them and you would succeed only if you get over them and concentrate on your target. This is the most important thing you get out of JEE preparation. Talk to your parents or teachers whenever you feel low,. Don't compare yourself to the topper, just keep on working and you might be the topper one day(I myself experienced this). You might feel burdened at times, but just keep on moving.


I hope I have summarised almost all the important things which a student must know at the beginning of his/her JEE preparation. Feel free to comment anything you wanna ask. Follow the blog for more.

You might also wanna check out: KVPYOlympiadsTarget JEE 2020Quora Answers for JEE

Also check : Best books for JEE , MotivationA complete JEE preparation guide, Organic ChemistryMechanicsAlgebra,

All the best!!!


26 comments:

  1. Bhaiya plz tell some tips on concentrating and studying with focus. How you used to study with focus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very simple man. You should have a very clear cut target that you have to acheive something in your life and for that you have to work hard. Once you will remind your brain about this then internal motivation will come gradually and ultimately you will be focussed. Vaise ye sab faltu savval kya puch rhe ho bhai? Haad hai bewakofiyat ki...............Watch Sandeep Maheswari lectures to get solutions of these faltu problems...

      Delete
  2. Thank you bhaiya for devoting ur time to help aspirants like us, ur answers are really helpful. About the time management part, going to school as well as coaching reduces time for self study drastically. How were you able to cope up with both school and coaching?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am presently in class 11. Please tell me how much amount of content to study on an everyday basis for JEE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bhaiya,let me tell you my story..,
    After 10th boards were over,I was in a state of confusion that should I join a coaching in local area or should I go to KOTA.After a lot of discussion with my parents,I finally decided to join the local coaching institute(which also has an integrated college with it)because studying in KOTA would also bring a financial burden on my parents.However,this proved out to be my wrong decision!After two months of classes,I found them to be more oriented towards boards than JEE.This depressed me a lot and I finally decided to study on my own and I bought study material of resonance(second hand though) and started my preparation.However,I still have a desire to go to kota and study for JEE.I am currently in 11th standard and I want to go to KOTA in 12th std.Please suggest me bhaiya whether it is worth to go to KOTA in +2 and study for JEE?
    I have read a lot of answers in quora regarding this question but didn't found a satisfactory answer.I am an average student but also I am a consistent student.I have got 93% in 10th boards(Maths-98 and Science-97).
    Please do reply me bhaiya.
    I am from Dibrugarh,ASSAM,NORTH EAST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear sir could you please make a post on how to prepare for rmo olympiad 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not able to solve last questions of hcv what to do??? My aim is main

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should go for omega open course on youtube which gives 3d solution of hcv.

      Delete
  7. if i am not on any social media account than i should i follow u

    ReplyDelete
  8. sometime it becomes very hard to find out a well written and nicely mounted lavatory which provide you correct and useful facts concerning tests and syllabus. but, i discovered this weblog and have been given a few relevant facts which is probably clearly beneficial for me. Best coaching institute for CSIR NET

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bhaiya i am about to start my jee preparation in 2019.can u plz tell me is my books collection right.
    Physics - coaching modules + BM sharma

    Maths-Coaching modules + G Tewani
    Chem - mainly coaching modules.
    Please reply bhaiya

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completed my tenth board exams.I want to crack JEE mains and advance of 2021.what i need to do to prepare myself for the exam.i want to start preparation from now.i have a basic idea on topics of intermediate.please suggest me to crack the exam.what i need to do??

    from
    Mohan sai

    ReplyDelete
  11. Professionally composed web journals are uncommon to discover, be that as it may I welcome every one of the focuses specified here. I likewise need to incorporate some other written work abilities which everybody must mindful of. iit jam physics coaching in india

    ReplyDelete
  12. At some point couple of instructive web journals turn out to be exceptionally useful while getting significant and new data identified with your focused on region. As I discovered this blog and welcome the data conveyed to my database. iit jam physics best coaching in jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bhaiya is it okay to prepare for both engineering and medical entrance examinations?
    I have a equal interest and a good hold of concepts in both math as well as biology. I have been enrolled in aakash (south ex) as well as fiitjee (kalusarai) and have consistently maintained top ranks. I'm not hardworking but I'm sharp and understand and analyse things fast and with ease. Im not sure how to go bout the preparation for both the exams at the same time tho and my parents arent very supportive of the idea, they are pretty much terrified of the fact that I want to give both examinations ��‍♀. I haven't had the time to give my best in academics for the past few years as I was suffering with some psychological disorders so I'm vary of my capacities. During this time period I have been able to qualify and get a good rank in exams (namely jstse, prmo - I didn't give rmo as I freaked out that I wasn't well prepared or worthy to give that prestigious exam- ,nsejs - didn't give injso for the same reason as rmo-, and ntse s1 for the time being) I have finally managed to over come some part of my self loathing tendency but I'm still under confident bout my abilities (the only thing keeping me going is the fact that I have a *high IQ* as they like to claim, which has helped me to score so well without any hard work and that it's been something I was born with and not something that I worked hard for) For the time being I don't know how to boost my confidence (as I'm underconfident I tend to overthink during the test paper and cross the correct answer out and mark the wrong one, somehow I always finish my paper 1 hr early and hence get very very fidgety and feel very suffocated in the examination centre) but I'm still very driven to get a good rank in both med and engg entrance exams. But i can't focus on anything for more than an hour (It gives me a headache) and my threshold study capacity for a day is probably 2-3 hrs max. I don't know how to organise my time table and also cope with my current mental state at the same time. Please advise.


    Thanking you
    A fellow junior

    ReplyDelete
  14. Arga Education offers UGC NET Classroom courses now in Jaipur. According to student review and our results Arga Education is known as Best UGC Net Coaching In India and Delhi for Various Exams like IIT JAM, CSIR NET, UGC NET, GATE in over 40 subjects spanning Science, Engineering, Commerce and Arts. Best UGC Net Coaching In India

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello
    My name is anonymous. I am currently in Kota. When I joined class here I got interest in Physics. I was pretty much well in it but now things are changed. I got about 70% marks in physics in my first test and now it has dropped to 20%. I am really getting demotivated. Can you tell me how to revive?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am presently in class 10 and want to start my preparation for IIT-JEE from class 11.I have a confusion regarding when to solve I.E.irodov.Should it be solved while preparing for JEE-Mains or after JEE-Mains?

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank you for sharing
    if you looking for Best coaching institute in udaipur then ascent Provide best faculties

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great! if you're looking for the best CSIR NET Coaching in Chandigarh, look no further than Guru Institute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Keep Sharing such an informative content. You can also Read JEE toppers strategy. Visit Our Website: EtoosIndia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice Post!
    Guru Institute offers the Best CSIR NET Physical Science Coaching in Chandigarh. We provide CSIR NET JRF Physics Coaching in Online and offline mode without any compromise on quality.

    ReplyDelete
  21. "best online coaching for iit jam physics: Unleash Your Potential with Expert Guidance. Looking for the top coaching institute for CSIR NET Physics in India? Look no further! Our institute stands out with its exceptional faculty, proven track record of success, and comprehensive study material. We provide a competitive learning environment, regular doubt-solving sessions, and extensive test series to assess your progress. Maximize your chances of qualifying with our best-in-class coaching."

    ReplyDelete
  22. Guru Institute is the Best institute for M.Sc Entrance Coaching in Chandigarh has various options for courses additionally to coaching one can enroll in an online test series and additional sessions for doubts. You can also opt for the weekend course.

    ReplyDelete