Sunday 6 May 2018

Target JEE 2020

Hello guys!!!

Many of you must have recently started your JEE preparations after your 10th board exams. You might already be finding the stuff tough and challenging with the summer heat on rising.

So I'll be sharing some things which you must follow from now until the end, and some specific things to be followed in class 11. No one can stop you from getting selected provided you follow all these tips and work hard.

1. Work Hard

This is the best and the most important tip anyone can give you. You must not give up in these two years. There will be many ups and downs in these two years. But you must remember that you will reach your destination if you don't give up. My best friend in class 11-12th was not very good at studies and did not perform well. But he kept on working and finally made it to an IIT. There can be no substitute for hard work.

2. Be consistent

When you go to your coaching class, your teachers would be giving you some homework. Solve it on a daily basis. Do not rest before you solve it or before the day is over. Put your maximum effort. Same applies to tests. Try to solve the test to your fullest capabilities without worrying about the marks. Sit for the full length of the paper. Try to solve all the questions you could not solve during the test when you reach home. When in doubt consult the solution and solve the questions again without looking at the solution. Be consistent throughout your journey, and you are done.

3. Ask doubts

Get your doubts cleared. Do not hesitate to consult your teachers or friends when in trouble. Contact family, friends, and teachers when underconfident. Academic doubts must be asked to teachers as and when you have them. Doubts can be dangerous if accumulated. Have a few helpful friends who can clear your doubts. But you must first put your maximum effort in solving the questions.

4. Focus

No hangouts, relationships, parties, social media, mobile phones, PC games, TV, etc. You should be focused on your goals. Everything in moderation is OK, but do keep your priorities sorted. Have a good friend circle.

5. Study Material

For those who are enrolled in a 'good' national/reputed local coaching, your coaching material must be your bible. First finish it twice(solving and then revise). Then move on to these-

Must solve books- Physics- 1.Anyone of HCV/Resnick Halliday/University Physics
                                             2. NCERT
                                             3. Previous 40 years IITJEE Physics papers, chapterwise
                              Mathematics-
                                             1.. NCERT
                                             2. Previous 40 years IITJEE Mathematics papers, chapterwise
                              Chemistry-1. NCERT(MUST)
                                             2. Previous 40 years IITJEE Chemistry papers, chapterwise


Books for more problems- Physics- DC Pandey New Pattern Problems in Physics, Deb Mukherjee                                                                Objective Problems in Physics, DLP/class room material of a                                                                  good coaching.
                                            Mathematics- Subjective problems by A Das Gupta, Arihant Skills in                                                                           Mathematics Series, DLP of other coachings.
                                            Chemistry- P. Bahadur Problems in Physical Chemistry, Solomons and                                                                        MS Chauhan Organic, and OP Tandon(for problems), and                                                                    DLPs as always.

Books for Olympiads/very good rank Irodov, Krotov in Physics, SL Loney(triginometry and                                                                           Coordinate Geometry) for mathematics, and JD Lee, Paula                                                                     Bruice for Chemistry. You must solve the Advanced Level                                                                     questions of your coaching sheet too. Leave no stone                                                                               unturned for this.

First get reviews from people and Internet and then chose which books to consult and which not.

If you don't go to coaching, better order a DLP from a good Coaching, or use books like Arihant Skill in Mathematics, etc. in Physics and Chemistry(easily available in Market) to prepare, and be regular. Joining an offline/online test series will always help.

Remember that your input matters more than books or coaching.

6. Difference creators-Holidays

Many students tend to waste their holidays(summer break, Diwali break, etc.) Use that time well. We hardly get free time in these two years. It's not wise to waste it. Try covering backlogs in this time. Make a diary, write down what all you have in your mind and put it down in your diary. Make a schedule and follow it. Make sure that basic backlogs are removed first and then move on to advanced ones. These breaks can make a huge difference.

Finally, I would like to say that stay updated on the blog, share it with your friends and study well!!! Give a lot of tests and exams and put your best effort. This journey is very memorable, and make sure the memories turn out to be good.

Comment anything you wanna ask.

All the best!!!

Also check : Best books for JEE , A complete JEE preparation guide, Organic ChemistryMechanicsAlgebraMotivation


91 comments:

  1. Hi Kalpit,
    How is the book 39 Years' Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers 2017-1979 IIT JEE
    Are you referring to this book above ?
    Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Janica, I am referring to that book. It's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our chemistry teacher gave us a long lecture on how our batch has "average IQ". That demotivated me to a great extent. As someone who has just started JEE preparation, how do I overcome such comments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take it as negative motivation. He did it just to make you work harder. Don't worry. Just focus on your studies.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! You're a beacon of hope in the dark.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello bhaiya. At my coaching centre, there are guys who've already cleared RMO/NSEs with good marks. What do I do for that thought which reminds me how far behind I am of them?

    Also, how to manage JEE, KVPY and Olympiad preparations simultaneously?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, JEE exam has no prerequisites. Everyone will come down to the same level after some time. Be patient and study well. There are many people with poor performance till 10th and still get good ranks in JEE.

      I have/will post on KVPY and Olympiads soon. Stay updated.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your response :)

      Delete
  6. how good resonance viraat pack of 2years for jee mains and advanced is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it, but resonance material is ususally good.

      Delete
    2. Hello bhaiya , resonance viraat pack comtaico all resonance topic wise books , dpps, test series and revision pAckage . Is it good for me as i am dropper preparing for jee 2019 by self study

      Delete
  7. Hello bhaiya
    I have joined a non attending school (in Kanpur) and have just started my preparations. I am having difficulty in concentrating on studies. Please advise me on improving my concentration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am aiming for a top 50 rank.

      Delete
    2. Read other posts, and will publish on concentration soon.As of now, avoid distractions and don't deviate while studying. Keep mobile away.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Right down targets on an hourly basis in diary. I'll write more soon.

      Delete
  9. Hi kalpit.
    I want to clear NSEP in 10th . That is NSEP 2018 . Can you tell me a time table and a plan how to succeed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Complete HCV, and practice many objective questions(from coaching material of IITJEE), and solve all past papers.

      Delete
  10. Hello bhaiya!
    Can you please provide some tips for NTSE Stage II, as it's due this Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have just started my JEE preparations. I am facing problems in questions related to Equivalence (Most of time I commit silly mistakes and Sometimes some conceptual errors) How can I prevent it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Kalpit Bhaiyya I recently finished my class 10, My current aim is to crack jee (mains and advanced), so that I can get into IITB. I am very much interested to join JEE coaching. But my family due to financial status couldn't afford to send for jee coaching, as the fees price is very high. So what can I do and what are the other suggestion you would give me. But please help me...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Which book is best for physical,organic chemistry and for maths, is cengage is good for maths.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A no-bullshit KVPY syllabus (SA), cutoff rank for IISC, and you should watch some good anime( :=)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi champ,
    I have a request. :)

    Some students like us have not even qualified for advance.
    Maybe we couldn't have enough of that what needed to succeed at it.
    But belive me, some of us still have a lot of hopes to learn a lot of things. Maybe we could not get into IIT, but we want to do self study to learn the same that are out there to learn.
    Would you kindly make a blog post about books taught, study procedures and more... So although if we lost at one hardle, but we get up and follow alternate pathway. :)
    I love to know more and more..
    Thnx :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have 2 ques,
    1. Plzz tell me how u revised all the concepts of class 11 in class 12 such as coordinate geometry formulae, inorganic chem which usually passes slowly from our mind.
    2. Plzz tell me how you tackled such situations when you didn't get(if any) a good rank in your institute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, any advice on how to manage the subjects properly? for eg: Iam in 12th and i feel that lately i have been devoting wayyy more time in phy and chem and therefore my maths is suffering. Your help would be highly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Use holidays and sundays to study backlogs in Maths

      Delete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kalpit bhaiyya...I am a JEE aspirant...I need to know some best books for mathematics preparation. I have bought CENGAGE too.But the difficulty level it has is not yet fully developed in me. Shall I try R D SHARMA for now?? Pls help......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every book has easy questions too. I personally dont like RDS. Try solving Cengage only. Discuss with teachers/friends for help.

      Delete
    2. Ohk. Thanks kalpit bhaiyya. Hope I will get your guidance throughout this 2 years's journey

      Delete
  21. What do you prefer more I mean what you used to do, study late night or early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wanna take admission in du I m +2 pass student

    ReplyDelete
  23. or should I start jee mains preparation

    ReplyDelete
  24. or should I start jee mains preparation

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wanna take admission in du I m +2 pass student

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello bhaiya! I have just appeared my class 10th examination and am preparing for a good rank in JEE. But the problem is that I live in a state ( Assam) where we don’t have any reputed national level coaching centres so I am thinking of taking up a distance course from a renowned coaching centre (as I can’t go to Kota) can u suggest any good coaching centre whose DLP is up to the mark? And also can u suggest some tips on NTSE stage 2 which is on Sunday? Also currently I am preparing for RMO with only one book i.e. the challenge and thrill of pre college mathematics, is it sufficient? If not what other books should I use? Thank you bhaiya for helping to clear my queries.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Is paula bruice better than lg wade? Which text has simpler explanations?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Bhaiya I have NTSE Stage 2 exam on this Sunday but I am confused between NTSE and 11th because the chapters in 11th needs a lot of practice,and I can't ruine my 11th.
    What to do

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sup Kalpit! I have many queries, it'd be great if you answer them:

    1) I'm weak at all three subjects (PCM) but I still want to crack JEE. I think I should spend the whole May re-studying 9th and 10th books, because 9th and 10th preparation is what differs me from a well prepared JEE aspirant. Should I do this, or should I start off with 11th course only? Is there even any chance that I can improve my PCM skill in just a month?

    2) My coaching is scheduled 5 hours a day, 6 days a week. I just find it hard to study for 5 hours straight. After sitting in classroom for 2.5 hours or so I find my focus DRASTICALLY decreasing. I start to feel sleepy, get distracted much, much more often, and get very tired. What should I do?

    3) I'm not able to concentrate for long. Everyone has this issue but I think mine is so serious I've even started to doubt if I have ADD or something. My speed is also extremely low, and I have to think for long even for the simplest of the questions. What can I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) reading NCERT might help
      2)Well sit and study, and try to avoid bed
      3)Practice

      Delete
  30. Hii kalpit bhaiyya ...it's me AJIT again... I just want to ask if I dont get a topic taught, shall I learn it online? If yes,then whose lectures should I watch?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Kalpit Sir!
    I am a JEE 2020 Aspirant. I am very keen on getting an excellent rank in JEE (Advanced) 2020, a rank at least AIR 50 (for IITB CSE). I believe in hard and smart work and am a PCM Lover, thus I can do quite well in JEE. The only problem faced by me is improper Coaching. I have unfortunately joined an okayish National JEE coaching institute (due to financial difficulties). My coaching is beginning very late (from June) and thus, I am afraid that I won't be able to secure my goal due to improper Coaching and hence improper training.
    I want to ask you, how should I now cope up with this? How do I create the necessary positive competitive atmosphere also? How do I gain confidence and keep the fire within myself burning?

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont worry, two years are left. Compete with yourself.

      Delete
  32. Bhaiya, what is the approx time one should take to complete a chapter from basics till advanced problems if one has got two years to prepare? (JEE 2020)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am in class 11 and I found the blog to be really helpful... Thanks a lot bhaiya. Keep posting.
    Also, since summer vacations are going to begin (and so is my preparation), do write something about time management during holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Kalprit Sir,As you are my Ideal and when I demorlise I saw you picture AND again start working in studies.You are absolutely Terrific and INFINITY TIME BRILLIANT BOY.I AM Gaurav from Haryana present in class 11th.what a man you are!No more adjective for you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sir,you are ideal For me.you are legend.i am gaurav from haryana.I set your photo as my wallpaper,Sir whenever I unable to concertrate in studies I saw your photo and start working hard again.Your The One Who is Infinite Times Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have scored 81% in my class 10 boards examination. (Average Student) Should I able to crack jee in 2020 with a 2 digit rank.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hy bro what is the best book for only jee main?

    ReplyDelete
  38. What book should I use for physical chemistry theory

    ReplyDelete
  39. Bro I'm preparing for JEE with state board for 11th and 12th(not CBSE board), so what is the percentage is should score in my state board exam, can you tell your daily sleep time.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hello Brother....I want to be in the top 10 in jee mains and advanced,like you,Sarvesh,Pranav,etc...BUT I have a question in my mind...and that question is "How can I acheive a specific rank in these exams?"..I mean what did you do in the question paper...i mean did you leaved those questions which you cannot do..and tried them later?

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have bagged 82 percent in WBBSE(West Bengal Board Of Secondary Education)(My class 10 board).And I have a dream to secure top 20 rank in mains and advanced..Brother plz tell me some tips on how to attack the exam and reach a specific top rank?..I know its all about hard work and consistency..but how to maintain the time in exam hall?...What to do in the exam hall to save the time more and answer all the questions?...plz tell me what was your strategy to attack the exam and bag a specific rank?

    ReplyDelete
  43. ALSO SHARE ME SOME OF THE DO'S AND DON'TS OF THE EXAM....PLZ

    ReplyDelete
  44. Kalpit bhayya,is it necessary to attempt kvpy and Olympiads to crack JEE advanced?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Kalpit sir I'm currently in std 11 and preparing for 2020 jee advance examination but the marks in my test series is too less and it is too disappointing for me I don't know whether I could achieve my dreams or not. In the test series I even don't clear the cutoff marks...... whether I should drop the jee advance preparation and focus on mains examination

    ReplyDelete
  46. Kalpit sir, I'm currently in 11th and nearly half of the year is passed by now and I am in such a situation that I haven't started my jee preparations only 1-2 chapter of PCM .I am scared that i won't be able to make it to iit.I wasted my time in search of good coaching.Will I be able to clear the exam ? If yes,What strategy should be of me ? I haven't joined any coaching and don't want to...

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hello Kalpit Veerval sir
    I wanted to ask which book of Resnick Halliday Krane should I buy

    ReplyDelete
  48. I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such nice information.

    Online Test for JEE Main

    ReplyDelete
  49. Now day, absolutely everyone is searching out a new but well settled and a fulfillment flow for his or her career. after I got here to this blog, I definitely inspired through all of the facts factors noted right right here. thank you for this assist. CSIR Net dec 2019 study material

    ReplyDelete
  50. To crack JEE Advance, students need a strong understanding of concepts and skills to solve numericals that need good aptitude and have lengthy calculations. IIT foundation

    ReplyDelete
  51. i am in 13 and i want to crack IIT i studyed 11, 12 but only board level not IIT level is any hope to crack

    ReplyDelete
  52. BROTHER, I GOT 9.8 GRADE POINTS IN INTER FIRST YEAR [2018], UNFORTUNATELY,1st AND 2nd year's total grade is 9.2 [2019] . THAT TOO SCORE OF PCM IN SECOND YEAR IS LESS THAN 75% , THESE BOARD MARKS CAN'T JUDGE MY CAPABILITY,I KNOW IT. BECAUSE, I AM GOOD AT SOLVING OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS .AND I BELONGS TO GENERAL CATEGORY [OC - FEMALE], SO, AM I ELLIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR JEE MAINS AND ADVANCED 2020 ?

    ReplyDelete
  53. BROTHER, PLEASE REPLY SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Chem Academy offers IIT JAM Physics Coaching Classroom courses now in Jaipur. According to student review and our results Chem academy is better than Physics Institute , Sourav sir's classes, VPM Classes and PHY Academy. IIT JAM Physics Classes 2nd Batches Starting from June. IIT JAM Physics Academy this is truely important to privy to fundamental processional techniques related to wring. here i am going to noted about paper wring talent as a part of writing interest. This weblog moreover helped me to get some new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I am currently in 12th. Should I give the jee mains in april 2020 or january 2021

    ReplyDelete
  56. Bro hardly not 6 months r left, I want to participate in physics Olympiad plzz advise me

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hello bhaiya, currentelly I have taken a drop for jee mains+advansed because till 12th I was focusing only for board exams and I have no idea about jee exam and I'm a average student.
    I'm aiming for under 1k rank in jee advansed. So what stretegy should I follow. Currentelly I'm in allen carier institute kota. So how much hark work i needed.

    ReplyDelete
  58. 25% Improvement in Jee in just 2 Tests contact csc academy the best
    Jee training in vijayawada in vijayawada

    ReplyDelete