Sunday 3 June 2018

Importance of Short Notes while preparing for JEE

Short notes are very important. It is one of the few regrets in my JEE preparations(I could not complete my short notes). It didn’t affect me much, but short notes helped me a lot in last few months.
Short notes help in the following ways-
  1. While making short notes, you are reading your class notes/books thoroughly, and then you pick up the most important points and jot them down. First of all, you are reading the book/notes thoroughly, which itself is very rewarding. Then you are rereading and writing down your important points, which is 3 times the normal revision of the most important points of the chapter.
  2. Making short notes will make sure that you never forget those points because those are the first thing we see when we have less time to revise for a test. And trust me, JEE is half cleared if you know those ‘important points’ well.
  3. Making short notes helps a lot during revision sessions, especially in class 12, when you need to revise a big topic in say, 2 hours. You can’t read the entire book. You can read the short notes and then directly go for problem-solving.
Write down all formulae, reactions, reaction mechanisms, important conditions and exceptions while making short notes. There are books in the market, but personalized notes are always better. Also, maintain a track of important questions in study material(I used to mark important questions with stars).
The real importance of short notes is realized one day before JEE. You want to revise, but you don’t have time to study all your notes. Do make them if you don’t want to regret later.



12 comments:

  1. Kalpit bhaiya,can u pls have a post on self stydy for JEE MAINS N ADV 2019

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already posted something, and will post more

      Delete
  2. Hi bhaiya, can you plz advice as to how should i divide my time for all the three subjects (iam in 12th) to ensure effecient studying as i sometimes miss out on certain topics due to improper division of time for the three subjects. Thanks alot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out post on 12th class revision. Post on time management coming out soon

      Delete
  3. Kalpit you have stressed about the importance of short notes during jee preparation. I am confused about the source from which I should prepare the short notes. Should it be from my coaching module, class notes or ncert?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As mentioned above see that you cover all the important information in your notes . Don't be too confused about the source , instead filter all the important information from all your resources and then make effective notes . Thus,instead of referring all your resources before exams you can now refer your detailed notes for complete knowledge and effective revision

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kalpit bhaiya, I have understood the importance of short notes. I make short notes during my coaching lectures itself (To save time for studies at home.) The notes are a little messy, but good enough for learning and understanding. Coming to the point, one boy in my class writes the short notes roughly in class and then rewrites them really well with highlighter marking and all. They are really beautiful and visually appealing. But I think it is a waste of time (I know writing and rewriting is good but I focus on revising rather.)

    My question is, Is this save time strategy correct and am I going in the right direction by not giving unnecessary time to useless things?

    ReplyDelete
  6. See friend what you have mentioned here is correct but also see that you cover all the important information related to the concept. Many a times while making notes in class we tend to forget some important points or/and make some mistakes ( thus making notes which includes errors ) , so in order to remove this error it is always advisable to make notes at home ( thus providing better revision of concepts and effective notes )
    I know this costs a lot of our study time but at same time we also have enough of free time ( time after classes , holidays , Sunday's , etc )
    So what I suggest here is that use your free time instead of your study time for making notes ,thus saving your quality study time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sir,
    Can you please suggest the OMR filling strategy .....How did you do it? Although Jee mains along with Advance will be online now but still while giving test in exam it takes me lot of time to fill OMR like around 20+ minutes which I fill after 1:30 minutes ....but then I don't get much time for solving complete math paper as I attempt math last. I get very good scord in chemistry and physcis but due to lack of time mats did not get complete....please give some tips also share how you and your friends in IITB did?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am in X111 syllabuS WILL complet in feb after that i have one month before jee main. please guide me about practice question.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello bhaiya I want to know about the size of short notes

    ReplyDelete