Wednesday 8 August 2018

How to become the master of your time?


A huge problem faced by many in this age is 'lack of time'. Everyone has aspirations and wishes, but no one seems to have the time to do it!

Adults wish to give more time to family, travel, etc., kids want more time for playing, and (serious) JEE aspirants need more time for studying. No one seems to have enough of it. No one. 

I myself have faced this problem multiple time, but somehow I feel I have a few principles with me which can enable everyone to become the master of time, and hence carry out all the productive tasks one aspires for in the same 24 hours God has bestowed on each and everyone of us. I spent most of my first year struggling to find a balance between work and play. I never had this issue before college, because my life was restricted to the size of a peanut. The real world is different and demands much more sophisticated planning in order to excel.

So, coming to the issue of tackling this issue, I will mention a few principles (based on my own life) which helped me overcome this issue faced by probably billions of people. First things first, let us focus on the 'why' part. This will probably solve more than half of the issue. Ask yourself-'Where does my time go?' You will find the answer for sure, I guarantee it. You might be ashamed to admit the reasons, but you know them. Mostly, these will make the list-
  • Social media
  • Unproductive entertainment (TV, Games)
  • Random thoughts (leading to procrastination)
  • Spending too much time socializing with people.
  • Not prioritizing your tasks
  • Sleeping too much/too less
  • Chatting too much with friends/partners.
  • Doing random things at random times.
  • Spending time being sad/happy/(insert another emotions here).
 You can definitely reduce your Social media and TV time. To know more about my view of social media and how to remove it, see this answer on Quora.

Unproductive entertainments are okay in a limit. They lead to recreation for a certain time, but after some time, they lead to bad health, loss of productivity and guilt of wasting time. I have recently started to read books for leisure(not academic book). But I do that in a very concentrated way and for less than an hour daily. This isn't much of a time waste as I spend little time and it leads to some good entertainment. Problem starts when you start following too many hobbies/TV series. It's okay to be a cricket fan or Harry Potter fan. It's not okay at all to be a fan of GOT, cricket, football, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Marvel, dancing, music, all at a time and spending too much time on these. Limit your TV/hobby time to a fixed hour daily. This way you'll be able to take out more time both for your hobby and for you job/study.

Random thought and emotional havocs are yet another major cause you of worry to many. I used to spend a lot of time thinking about other's opinion of myself. Some people might be suffering from some personal issues, and hence it's quite possible that they end up overthinking a lot. It used to happen with me too. I spent time talking to positive and motivating people and stayed away from negative people. If you have some personal issues, sharing them with someone close is the best way to tackle it. Talk to your friends/parents/ have some counselling. It's really going to help you.

Now I hope most of the 'unnecessary' and avoidable factors have gone. What's left is planning, and a good schedule. You must make a very tight schedule. You must become concious about your time. Until and unless you put in genuine and concious effort to make better use of your time and get that extra hour, you won't be able to make it.

So let's get to the point and discuss about a good schedule. First thing is to wake up and sleep early, and at least for 7 hours. In my first year at college, I got into this vicious cycle of poor and late sleep. I used to go to bed not before 2 in the night and my average sleep was probably less than 6 hours. I have changed this habit and it has made me much more productive. I wake up at 7 and go to bed around 12 (or at least try to). I sleep more than 1 hour more as compared to last year. This has made me much more energetic, and I hardly feel lack of energy at the end of the day. I get a good night's sleep.

Now, do keep time slots for things other than your job. I do a lot many things apart from studying. It helps me get relaxed and ensures more productivity.

Read this to know more about my schedule and activities.

Try to make a draft of all possible activities you will do during a day, including your working hours. Write it down very neatly somewhere and stick to it. Mention hours when you would do a certain thing. For example, you can say that 8-10 ->study Math/complete assignment/achieve any target. 12:30-2-> take a break/read/sleep, etc. I keep my Saturday for completing stuff left in the week. Sundays are usually free. Make sure to have a day left after putting down all your commitments, so that you don't end up failing to achieve your goals for the week.

I hope this helped. Do comment and share! BTW, I made this post using small bits of 10-15 minutes spread over many days. Time management, folks!!!

P.S.- Now I am active on Instagram again. Check me out!

30 comments:

  1. Brother, I waste a lot of time in random thoughts(leading to procastination).Can you tell me a solution?
    Also, how many serious hours of study is needed to get a good rank in JEE2020?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bro first you don't waste your time in random thoughts an you should remember that unlimited time is required as you give your best to the preparation rank will be obiously good all the best for your preparation

      Delete
    2. This is a very naive question. People who haven't started yet or have just started reapating for jee . You shouldn't ask for hours . People require different for preparing for same topics and that mainly depends on your subconscious ( iq does not play and important part in preparation) so just start doing u will automatically realize the effort needed for what rank u want to achieve .

      Delete
  2. Hey Kalpit Why did you delete your answer "Read this to know more about my schedule and activities." ????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bhaiya I have wasted at
    Least 3.5 months in just
    adjusting to the new life of hostel in kota as I am living first time alone and just getting distracted.i am preparing for jee 2020.i was not like this in class 10th.can I get a top 500 rank even now if i know the intro of all the chapters and I am working hard with full spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. even i am in the same situation bro i was a topper in class 10 but enrolled two months late in fiitjee and now i literally know pittens about jee syllabus ,struggling still

      Delete
    2. Just do it with faith and see results

      Delete
  4. The answer about schedule and activities is deleted. Please update the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello brother,
    Did you solve Cooridiante geometry from S.L.Loney?
    Now you know JEE MAINs will be in January also ...so what is your recommendation regarding revision
    what is your opinion regarding Resonance rank booster.....did you solve it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hlo brother i am studying in class 10th and i am a coaching going student so can you tell me a perfect time table for me so that i could be easier for me to cope up witb school and coaching and can also crack competitive exams..
    I will wait for your reply and would be thankful to you so please answer me as i am really got motivated from you and wanted to be successful like you
    Thank you
    Aniket Ray

    ReplyDelete
  7. Students you should watch motivational videos first than only you can succdeed..
    Stock tips

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good things come rarely because of our unwanted time management, points discussed are very impressive and quite helpful to make a well planned outline for managing the time. Thanks Kalpit, keep sharing your thoughts like this and keep us updated on the latest progress in Olympiad Exam arena. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. By following the same idea, I am able to successfully manage my time and as a reward I got my 25th hour. But Still Seeking more Progress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello everyone, am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr olu a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I adverse you to contact Dr on his email (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) ) you or contact on whatsapp number +2348140654426 because he is one of the best herbal doctor that i can only show you up to, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks i Dr olu is also specialized on obeo m breast and boobs enlargement i advise you to contact him for help



    Hello everyone, am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr olu a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I adverse you to contact Dr on his email (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) ) you or contact on whatsapp number +2348140654426 because he is one of the best herbal doctor that i can only show you up to, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks i Dr olu is also specialized on obeo m breast and boobs enlargement i advise you to contact him for help

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pokemon Go hacked version on your phone. Direct links from here tutuapp pokemon go

    ReplyDelete

  12. Want to know how to open task manager on Mac and use it to access CPU details. Task manager Mac

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello everyone, am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr olu a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I adverse you to contact Dr on his email (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) ) you or contact on whatsapp number +2348140654426 because he is one of the best herbal doctor that i can only show you up to, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks i Dr olu is also specialized on obey m breast and boobs enlargement i advise you to contact him for help

    ReplyDelete

  15. I was scrolling the internet like every day, there I found this article which is related to my interest. The way you covered the knowledge about the subject and the 2 BHK flat in hoshangabad road was worth to read, it undoubtedly cleared my vision and thoughts towards B 4 BHK flat in hoshangabad road. Your writing skills and the way you portrayed the examples are very impressive. The knowledge about 3 BHK flat in hoshangabad road is well covered. Thank you for putting this highly informative article on the internet which is clearing the vision about top builders in Bhopal and who are making an impact in the real estate sector by building such amazing townships.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :ahmedconsultancycompany@gmail.com
    Phone number :+15165910949 (Whatsapp Only)

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Credit Card Clearance Loan
    *Debt Consolidation Loan
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :ahmedconsultancycompany@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Udgam Online Counselling provides the best advice for Depression, Breakups, Work Stress, Anxiety, Relationship Problems pre & post marriage problems, Anger Management, and personal growth.

    online psychologist india
    online psychological counselling
    Insomnia symptoms
    Stress Counsellor
    Breakup Counselling

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page.I have found a lot of approaches after visiting your post.all the details you provide us,it was very useful .


    BEST IN IIT JEE COURSES IN KOLKATA

    ReplyDelete
  19. If you don't finish your assignments and homework properly, you won't get the marks you deserve. Students these days seek online tutoring for computer science assignment help in order to get the necessary subject-specific knowledge to complete their assignments in accordance with their university's standards and requirements.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Students in many fields of computer and mathematical sciences are taught about the concepts of data science. They often seek All Assignment Help to complete their projects.

    ReplyDelete

  21. I was tested Herpes positive and ever since then i have been taking different kinds of medicine but yet no improvement until i saw testimonies on the internet of how Robinson buckler has been curing different people from different kinds of diseases, immediately i contacted him. After our discussion he prepared the medicine and send it to me, which i received and took according to his instructions. Now my doctor just confirmed me HSV2 negative. My heart is so filled with joy, thank you so much Robinson buckler for curing me. If you are reading this and you are suffering from HSV or any other disease or you want to fix your broken marriage/relationship or maybe get back with your Ex husband, Ex wife, Boyfriend or girlfriend you can contact Robinson buckler on this Email address: [Robinson.buckler@yahoo.com]

    ReplyDelete